Our investment is for professional investors only. One of the classifications for professional investors is ‘Sophisticated Investor’. This is something you can self certify via this link and we will only share any promotional material on our investment with investors that have certified with us first.
To qualify as a sophisticated investor you will need to meet the following criteria:
You confirm that at least one of the following applies to:
- You are a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least six months prior to the date below.
- You have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date below.
- You are working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises.
- You currently, or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
You understand that by being a self-certified Sophisticated Investor this means:
- You can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Services Authority;
- the content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the Financial Services Authority;
- by signing this statement you may lose significant rights;
- You may have no right to complain to either of the following:
- the Financial Services Authority
- the Financial Ombudsman Scheme
- You may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. I understand that I can lose my property and other assets from making investment decisions based on financial promotions and I am aware that it is open to me to seek advice from someone who specialises in advising on this kind of investment.